Starting June 21st we are beginning the re-opening of our buildings for Sunday services!
Resuming Sunday, June 21st
Service Times: 9:30AM, 11:00AM & 12:30PM
Resuming date TBD
What if I’m not ready to attend a live service or I am a immunocompromised person?
We understand that not everyone will be ready to come back right away and we encourage each person to make their own decision. Accordingly, we will continue to offer Church Online every Sunday at 9:30am, 11am, & 12:30pm and look forward to seeing you in person when you are ready.
How can I protect myself and others?
- If you or any member of your family have symptoms, such as: cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose, or sore throat; OR if you have high-risk medical conditions, we kindly request that you do not attend the service.
- Maintain physical distancing of 2 metres at all times.
- Sanitize or wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with warm water and soap.
- Cover coughs and sneezes and avoid touching your face.
- Wear a mask in public places.
Do I have to wear a face mask to come to church?
- Effective August 1st, The City of Edmonton Bylaw #19408, Temporary Mandatory Face Masks. This bylaw mandates that all individuals must now wear a face mask when in all indoor public spaces.
- As our in-person services are being held indoors, the church requires that you bring and wear a face-mask. If you do not have a face-mask, there will be a limited supply available.
How will physical distancing be implemented in the auditorium?
- In the auditorium, you will be asked to sit with your household / cohort family, otherwise please space three chairs between you and another household.
- Services will be one hour in length to ensure we have adequate time to dismiss in a safe manner and minimize crowds.
- Socializing will not be permitted in our indoor lobbies. We encourage everyone to socialize outdoors in parking lots and between the buildings while maintaining physical distancing.
- Arrows will be on the floor to create a flow for foot traffic.
- Doors will be labelled in order to direct people and limit exposure.
- Circles will be placed anywhere we anticipate lines to help maintain distancing.
What are the processes for cleaning and sanitation at Celebration Church?
- Sanitization Stations will be at every entrance and we will require everyone to sanitize when entering the building.
- During services, high–touch areas will be regularly wiped with disinfectant (door handles, faucets, toilets, pens, debit machines, etc.).
- Cafes will be temporarily closed to prevent risk of exposure.
While we are doing everything possible to provide a safe environment, anyone attending a live service is doing so at their own risk.
- Celebration Kids will be taking extra measures to ensure that we are keeping families and our Celebration Kids volunteers safe. We will be offering programs for children 2 years old to grade 7.
- Children over the age of 2 will be required to wear a mask or face covering when inside, due to The City of Edmonton Bylaw #19408.
- Check-In and Classrooms will open 15 minutes before service starts. We ask that families wait outside until this time. This gives the Celebration Kids team time to fully sanitize touch points and classrooms between services. We ask that parents pick up their children directly following the service ending.
- Prior to entering the building, parents will complete a COVID-19 screening form for their child.
- We ask that only one adult per household enters the Dome.
- We will be providing touchless check-in. A check-in team member will be behind plexiglass screens to protect families as they check in their children.
- We encourage all parents to take their children to the bathroom as it will be more difficult for volunteers to do this during this time.
- There will be directional signage in the Lobby and Kids Hallway. Please follow all arrows to keep the flow of traffic.
- Look for the pick-up and drop-off stickers outside of each classroom.
- When waiting in line to pick-up and drop-off, please keep your distance from other families. There will be dots on the floor to help with this.
- We ask parents to bring their child’s belongings with them to the main auditorium. This will leave room for social distancing in the hallway and eliminate kids’ things touching. Parents can leave their child’s shoes if they like.
- Kids must sanitize their hands upon entry and exit of the classroom. There will be sanitization stations outside every classroom.
- All Celebration Kids volunteers will be wearing face shields or face masks.
- We will be limiting the amount of toys and touch spaces in the classroom. The only toys will be hard plastic toys that are easy to sanitize.
- We won’t be sending any papers, colouring sheets, etc. home with parents to eliminate more touch points than necessary.
- We will be giving kids individually packaged snacks.
- Kids and volunteers will be asked to sanitize hands upon entering and exiting the classroom.
- Volunteers’ and kids' hands will be washed before and after snack time.
- All toys, tables, chairs, counters, markers, bathrooms, etc. will be sanitized between services.
- Check-in area, door knobs/bars, bathrooms, etc. will be sanitized during services.
Full Kids Re-Opening Plan